Student Parents Now Have Priority Registration! Ask us to find out more
A Community for Student Parents
The Dr. Betty Shabazz Family Resource Center (FRC) recognizes the unique needs of students who are parenting while in school. The FRC provides 91风月楼 student parents access to free childcare during class time, a quiet space to do homework in a child-friendly computer lab, a network of other student parents, and support through resource referrals.听
Are you a student and a parent?
We want to hear from you!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org,听or stop by the Student Union - room 201 - on the Ocean Campus - to learn more.
Services and Programs
All services at听the Family Resource Center are free to current CCSF students.
PEP works similarly to听a Co-Op. Student-Parents听enrolled听in PEP are allowed to leave their children while they attend class. Parents are allotted as little as听1 hour听and up to 12 hours of care听per week, depending on need. This program is limited and parents must go through an approval process before being allowed to use the program. All interested parties should be directed to an FRC program coordinator for information on space availability.
- Your child is 6 months to听5 years old.
- The maximum is 4听hours per day, no more than 12听hours a week.
- You must volunteer 1-3听hours a week
- Parents must be attending classes
- Must complete the necessary paperwork
- Open to both credit and non-credit students
Under this program, parents听may bring their听children with them听to the Family Resource Center (FRC) children's activity room to play while they听utilize the FRC computer lab, receive resources, take a break, attend a meeting, and/or utilized another program听in the Student Union Building.
We are not a licensed daycare. Parents听must remain in the building at all times!
To utilize听drop-in, Parents听must have their听current information on file and notify the receptionist of where they are going to be at all times.
Drop-In is on a first-come-first-served basis and is dependent on听space availability. It is highly recommended that you call ahead of time to secure a space.听
- Your child is 6 months to 12 years听old
- You must remain in the Student Union
- Fill out the necessary paperwork
- Maximum 4听hrs per听day
- Space is limited - recommend calling ahead of time
The Family Resource Center is equipped with a computer lab and study area, which听available听for all students听to use while on campus.听However, priority is given to student-parents utilizing PEP and the drop-in program.听Computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
In order to keep the听computer lab听a respectful and functional space for everyone, we ask that students respect the following rules:
- No risque or violent听materials
- No swearing
- Limit cell phone use
- No food or drink听near听computers. Place your items on the tables adjacent to this area.
- Do not leave any items unattended
- Please, clean up after yourself.听
- Must fill out a health screening for you and your child
- Must wear a mask at all times
To build a community of student parents that:
Supports through understanding
Advocates through experience
Empowers through education